Last night I established my Front Porch Fish Tank in a 3.5 gallon Mason Jar. Population 8.
This morning they were all dead.
I have a little investigative work to do.
- Are 28¢ Wal-mart ‘Common Goldfish’ prone to dying quickly?
- Was the night-time temperature too low?
- Were they hungry?
- Was there too much chlorine in the water? (I let it stand for over 24hrs…)
- Was it just their time to go? All 8 of them?
- Did they drown?
- Did I get 8 fish all of the same gender, and nature took its course?
- Was their new home so unsatisfactory that they formed a suicide pact immediately?
- Was there foul play involving the Garden Gnome? Perhaps a hex or evil spell…